8/07/2007

E-M-O

Well well, after that last take on youth culture, which I hope you guys enjoyed it, I decided to go on the topic of "emo".

Now, that's no longer a new term for us all but maybe to certain people, I don't know. But anyway, how often do you see your friends being emo and all? What's this whole bullsh*t about being emo? I mean, I'm not against those of you who are emo, it's fine by me. To me, it's just another way to express who you are, etc.

But, WHY is this happening? I'm so interested in this topic i decided to blog one whole post about being emo. Why is it that emo people have an apathetic mood? What makes them an emo? How would you classify an emo person? MSN nicknames saying things like, "I'm crying my heart out", "My heart bleeds for you", etc. (OK, maybe those are over exaggerating but you get my point here.) Yea, for sure those are just ways of expressing your feelings.










What's the reason? Could it be that someone left a hole in your heart? Maybe you're being lonely? BUT wait, if you hang out with a bunch of emos, that's not being alone. Hmm... Or maybe it's because of stress? I don't know. I'm still searching for an answer on how people become emo.

Then again, is there a specific explanation for emo? What about if you're just keeping quiet and don't feel like talking? Some say, that's emo.

Maybe it's the media where emo bands such as 30 Seconds to Mars, Rise Against, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio and the likes are being publicized in the media more often than good discovery programs. No doubt they play good music. Even my mum who's always laughing thinks that their music is cool. Oh well, but it also might be where a person fails to express his/her feelings for someone he/she likes or maybe they have a low self esteem, etc. It's rather easy to say that these are just one of the many things in life that we all have to go through. I don't remember my grandfather telling me about how he and his friends back then were emo about not getting what they wanted. Maybe it's the whole religious and cultural background thing where some people have strong beliefs. I don't know.





Time's changed I suppose. Maybe it's the fault of globalization. Never know. Before I leave you guys to ponder on the word "emo" for a bit, check this video out. (Dear diary, mood: apathetic.) LOL. Maybe I should be emo. Their fashion and music seem cool to me.



Currently plugged in to: Feeder - The Way I'm Feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh... dear diary, mood apathetic. my life is like a black abyss. I must be emo

Anonymous said...

my diary is like a black abyss.. diary pathetic... i AM EMO