12/19/2007

Land of the Tsars

Hello there! After a long absence of blogging, it feels good to be able to blog again! I know, I've been very very lazy to blog but I knew I had to expose Moscow to the world. For some reasons.

The trip to Moscow had been very relaxing. Not too long, neither was it too short. Thai Airways certainly made the flight from Bangkok to Moscow a 9 hour stress free flight. Touching down at Moscow's Domodedovo Airport, I walked straight up to the immigration counter and believe me, the amount of English that they know is ... So, this officer asked me where did I fly from and I answered, "Bangkok". Then she asked me again and I answered the same thing. I didn't know what hit her when suddenly she said, "Lithuania?!" I said, "No no, B-A-N-G-K-O-K". OK, that was fun. Seriously.

Coming out from the airport , I wasn't too disappointed since I've been told not to expect much. It's hard to describe but it does seem a little "dodgy" if that's the word to describe the first look at Moscow, well not literally.

So here we are. Moscow. I am feeling quite excited actually because the drivers here are AMAZING. There's just so much to see here in Moscow. Days 1 & 2 have been enjoyable for me.
On my first day, I followed my brother to a Psychology lesson. It was rather interesting as I had heard of some stuff from when I was studying Sociology at uni. There were some similarities between Russian and German too, i.e. Bibliotheka - Bibliothek which both means library.

Not too friendly people, these Muscovites are. All in all, it's all good. Cigarettes are cheap as well.
Around RM5 could get you a box of 20 Marlboros. Now, that's what I'm talking about.

I shall now leave you all with some photos. Await my next update!


Red Square's Entrance


St. Basil's Cathedral


MMA's Dean Building


Don't ask



Mr. Ferret - General Maximus

From Moscow,
Dasvidanya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woot woot.. you were just imagining the fast and furious with their lada's and volga's eh eh? hahah.. crummy cars, no seatbelts.. ahh.. that IS good! haha...

dasvidanya to you too! astarozhna, dver zakrivaetsia.. sledushee stansa park kultury.. (so that you won't forget) hahah